Welcome to Navajo Lutheran Mission's new Human Resources web page. The Mission is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits. Employees of the Mission are bi-lingual and, in accordance with Navajo labor laws, preference for hiring is given to qualified applicants who hold certificate of Indian blood.
Currently the Mission has 19 employees including the Executive Director, Pastor, Mission Manager, Principal, elementary school teachers, office assistants, guest services, bus drivers, cooks and maintenance personnel. Temporary help is sometimes required, therefore day labor and trade labor resumes and applications are kept on file for one year.
Each staff person has specific duties and responsibilities that assist the organization to function as a team. The Mission includes House of Prayer Lutheran Church, Navajo Christian Preparatory Academy (grades K-6), and Administration and Development office, a Cultural Learning Center and guest housing.
Navajo Lutheran Mission
One Mission Lane, P.O. Box 354
Rock Point, Arizona 86545
A completed application must include all the following, if applicable:
- Navajo Lutheran Mission or Navajo Christian Preparatory Academy application form
- Letter of Interest
- Three (3) current Reference Letters from previous employers
- High School Diploma/GED Certificate/Associates Degree (if applicable to position)
- Copy of Official Transcript (Official copy will be needed if hired)
- A copy of Teacher Certification (if applicable to position)
- Certification certificates (i.e. Food Handlers Permit, CPR, First Aid, Bus Driver Certification, Boiler Certification, etc.)
- Release form for Employment Verification
- Copy of Certificate of Indian Blood
- A copy of your valid Driver's License (Front and Back)
- Completed Federal and/or AZ State Fingerprint Clearance Card and Navajo Nation Criminal Background Check
All applications will become the property of Navajo Lutheran Mission or Navajo Christian Preparatory Academy and will be held on file for one year. All applicants will be evaluated on the basis of the position requirements. Only complete applications including all of the required documentation listed above will be considered. An interview may be scheduled for qualified applicants.
- Optional Group Health/Life Insurance/Disability
- Optional Retirement Savings Plan - 403(b)
- Continued Education assistance
- 14 paid holidays annually
- Minimum 10 days paid time off annually (full time employees)
NOTE: No long-term staff housing is available on the Mission Campus