Navajo Lutheran Mission Privacy and Refund Policy
Navajo Lutheran Mission maintains this website in order to provide you with information about our Mission and our work, and to enable you to interact with us online. This policy describes treatment of information you may provide through our Website.
Your use of the Website constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of this policy. We encourage you to read this entire policy and the terms and conditions as it sets forth our understanding with you when you visit the website.
Throughout this website and policy you will see the terms “Navajo Evangelical Lutheran Mission”, “Navajo Lutheran Mission”, “the Mission”, “we,” “our,” and “us” - these terms refer to the Navajo Lutheran Mission, a non-profit organization with tax-exempt status pursuant to the Internal Revenue Code Section 501 (c)(3). You will also see the terms “you,” “your” and “yours” used to refer to visitors and users of our website. The term "personal information" refers to any personally-identifiable information about you such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and any other information that can be used to identify you. The term “financial information” refers to credit card numbers, codes, expiration dates, and billing address information required to complete online financial transactions.
If you visit the site to read or download information: We collect and store only the following information about you: the name of the domain or the IP address from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access our website, the Internet address from which you linked directly to our site, the names of the files and web pages you access, and your web browser type. We use this information to measure the number of visitors to the site and to make the site more useful.
If you identify yourself by sending an email: You may also decide to send us identifying information in an electronic mail message asking a question. We use this information in various ways and to help us answer your questions more accurately.
The Mission receives all of the data you enter in the online gift form, except for your credit card number and security code. This credit card data is only seen by Acceptiva, in order to process the credit card transaction. The Mission does not have access to, store, or otherwise have knowledge of your credit card number (except for the last 4 digits) as a part of your online transaction through Acceptiva.
We use the information you provide on the online gift form for tracking your donations in our donor database. We may use this information to send you acknowledgements of your giving to the Mission, to send you our newsletter, to communicate information about programs at the mission, and to contact you to ask for your support. We may also use this information to help improve the content and functionality of our web site and programs, and to better understand the needs and interests of the people and organizations that use our web site.
The personal data that we collect may be accessed by our staff and volunteers as a part of their job responsibilities (for example, data entry, IT maintenance and backup procedures). Personal data may be provided to the Mission board members and executive staff for the purposes of contacting you to thank you for your gift and to communicate with you about the mission. It may also be provided from time to time to consultants we use as a part of our analysis of giving trends for improving fundraising efforts.
You may opt out of any of the above uses of your personal information beyond that required for processing and recording your online gift by sending us e-mail or a letter requesting this.
Refund Policy: If you made a donation by accident, you have the right to a full refund within 30 days of the date of the donation. Contact the Mission office should you require assistance in this situation.
Release of and financial personal information: The Navajo Lutheran Mission will not share, rent or exchange the personal or financial information of our donors outside of the Mission organization without prior, specific consent, except as noted in the “Collecting personal information” section above, and in #1 and 2 below:
- Credit Card transactions
All online transactions are processed on a secure server. The Mission uses third parties to provide credit card processing services. If you have opted to donate online, we may share your personal information, including credit card and billing information with these technical providers. We request all third party service providers to hold personal information in strict confidence. While we believe these companies are upstanding and will treat your information responsibly, we do not own or control them. Additionally, we will release personal data to other legitimate financial institutions connected with any online transactions when required to complete those transactions, or to follow up in cases involving disputed transactions and online fraud.
If a legal or regulatory authority compels us, the Navajo Lutheran Mission will disclose personal information. Also, if we have reason to believe that there has been inappropriate or illegal interference with or use of the website we will disclose this information to said authorities.
Linking to a third party website: Except as may be outlined in this policy, the privacy policies of the Navajo Lutheran Mission do not apply to third-party sites or any other linked websites. Once you leave the Mission website, we have no control over what information may be collected about you, nor can we control what other sites do with this information.
Contact us: Please know that the security and privacy of your personal information is very important to us. If you have questions about this statement or the practices of this website please contact us at:
Navajo Lutheran Mission
One Mission Lane, HWY 191
P. O. Box 354
Rock Point, AZ 86545
Terms and Conditions for Use of the Navajo Lutheran Mission Website
Use of this site is provided by the Navajo Lutheran Mission subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
- Navajo Lutheran Mission reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to the Navajo Lutheran Mission are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will the Mission be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- The Navajo Lutheran Mission does not warrant that the functions and materials contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free; that defects will be corrected; that this site, or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs; or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- Copyright restrictions: Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorization from the Navajo Lutheran Mission. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license to use any item displayed.
- Document text may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, photographs have been published on this site with the permission of the persons/owners for the sole use of the Navajo Lutheran Mission, and may not be copied for any purpose. All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the Navajo Lutheran Mission.
- The Navajo Lutheran Mission takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet Sites.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the U.S. legal system.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.