Support the Mission
We invite you to become part of "A Mission With a Mission," and to invest in the lives of the Navajo children and families of Rock Point, AZ. Upon written request to the Executive Director a copy of our annual report will be made available to all donors. Our yearly tax returns can be found at the National Center for Charitable Statistics. All financial accounting is done by an independent certified public accountant.
Why Give to the Mission?
- The Mission School is an alternative school to Bureau of Indian Affairs and community schools throughout the Navajo Nation.
- Parents choose to place their children in a school that reflects Christian values while respecting Navajo culture and tradition.
- Partnership is expressed by Navajo and non-Navajo representation on a Mission Board of Directors.
- Social needs are addressed by counseling, educational opportunities, and on-the-job training.
Ways to Give:
Touch lives, warm hearts, your way
Giving back has always been important to Thrivent Financial for Lutherans and its members. In 2010 alone, Thrivent Financial provided $135 million to help congregations, communities and nonprofit organizations.
Now, through the Thrivent Choice Program, Thrivent Financial members can recommend where Thrivent FInancial distributes part of its charitable outreach funds each year, including to:
Navajo Evangelical Lutheran Mission
Here's how you can help
Eligible Thrivent Financial benefit members 16 and older are
designated Choice Dollars that they can direct to their preferred Lutheran
organizations. Member eligibility and designated Choice Dollar amounts are
- Holding a qualifying Thrivent Financial volunteer leadership position,
- Annual premiums of qualifying insurance products, or
- Contract value on qualifying products
Help make a difference!
For more information about the Thrivent Choice Program and Choice Dollars:
Or contact your Thrivent Financial representative.
Arizona Christian School Tuition Organization (Arizona Residents): Arizona residents who pay state income taxes may make a contribution to a state-qualified School Tuition Organization and take a credit against their state income tax liabilities. You may make a contribution up to $1000 for married couples and $500 for single and head-of-household individuals, and claim the entire amount as a credit against your state income tax liability. If you choose this option, make your donation through ACSTO directly, and specify the Navajo Christian Preparatory Academy as the recipient school.
Note: Please do not use the "Give a Gift Now!" button for ACSTO donations - you must donate through the ACSTO site directly to get your AZ tax credit.
The Sponsorship Program
Scholarship sponsors play a large role in giving Navajo children the opportunity to attend religious education at the
House of Prayer, participate in sports and other after school activities, as well as providing transportation to the
Charter School and Mission. The House of Prayer has designed a program to provide each child with a personal
sponsor, who writes to the child and sends special gifts when appropriate. The children also write to the sponsor, and often are able to meet their sponsors at Chapel time as they visit the Mission. If you are interested in sponsoring a
child, perhaps one of the following options is right for you:
1. Individual Child Sponsorship ($1000-$10,000 scholarship): Supplements part of the expenses for one student over the academic year (August-May) for their transportation to the Mission School, for religious education at House of Prayer, holiday activities, and extra-curricular and after school activities.
2. Class Sponsorship ($3,000 scholarship): Supplements the expenses of a year in school (August-May) for an entire grade-level—transportation, religious education, sports and other after school extra-curricular activities.
Persons who become sponsors will receive a packet including: a picture of the student, a personalized letter from
the student, grade listing, date of birth, clothing size, occasional letters and gifts. We need your support to offer
these much needed services for our children!
For further details and a sponsorship form, please contact the Mission Office by contacting the Sponsorship Program at email@example.com